3D and Internet TV Lead Trends Featured at China FPD & HDTV Conference
DisplaySearch Announces Preliminary Agenda for Fourth Year of its Conference in Shenzhen, May 20-21
Shanghai, China, April 15, 2010—DisplaySearch, the worldwide leader in display market research and consulting, today announced the agenda for the 2010 DisplaySearch China FPD TV and HDTV Conferenceto be held May 20-21, 2010, at the Marco Polo Shenzhen Hotel. In its fourth year in China, the event is known for bringing together top display electronics manufacturers and suppliers, along with industry and financial analysts from around the world to address the latest challenges, opportunities and trends for flat panel TVs, 3D and internet TV, as well as panel supply/demand, LED backlight supply chain and cost analysis.
According to DisplaySearch research, LCD TV shipments in China will reach 39.2 million in 2010 and account for 22% of the world market. China will become the second-largest LCD TV market in 2010, and will become the biggest market in 2011. For LCD TVs with LED backlights, the penetration rate will reach almost 15% in 2010, and 20% for sizes larger than 40”. DisplaySearch forecasts that the share of LCD TVs with LED backlights will pass that of CCFLs in 2013. “China’s leadership in this industry makes it a perfect locale to host this innovative conference and look ahead to exciting technologies like 3D and internet TVs,” said David Hsieh, DisplaySearch Vice President of Greater China. “Chinese consumers like to try new ideas and applications. Once they accept these products, the adoption rates increase very rapidly.”
The two-day event will consist of six sessions with presentations from 23 industry executives representing the supply side, demand side, and most of the TV supply chain, and will cover hot topics including 3D, LED supply chain and TV features.Session 1: Keynote Speech: Worldwide FPD & TV Markets
- The FPD Market and TFT LCD Supply/Demand in 2010, David Hsieh, Vice President, Greater China Market, DisplaySearch
- Global FPD & LCD TV Market Outlook, Samsung TFT Division
- Panasonic TV Market Strategy and 3D in PDP TV, Panasonic
- 3D Technology and Display Trends, LG Display
- Internet TV Roadmap: Bringing More Fruitful Contents to the Home, Changhong
- Turn on the Experience: TV + Internet, Intel
- Best-in-Class Technology Solutions for Your TV’s Audio Design, Leslie B. Tyler, President, dbx-tv
- Smarter TV: Control Your Favorite Entertainment in Intelligent Way, Henry Choy, VP, Business Development, ActiveVideo Networks
- 3D TV Market & Technology Trends, Calvin Hsieh, Research Director, DisplaySearch
- TV Roadmap: Go Beyond Broadcasting Soon, Wen Li, Chief Marketing Officer, Trident
- Turning Consumer Electronics “Green” with Ambient Light Sensing, Jerry Koontz, Director of Marketing, TAOS
- Make TV Connected & Networking for the Future, Cavium Networks
- TV Evolution: Connected for a New Eco-system, Calvin Hsieh, Research Director, DisplaySearch
- Global FPD TV Market Outlook & Insights, Bing Zhang, Research Director, DisplaySearch
- ChinaTV Market Outlook, Leading Chinese TV Brand
- Transition of the LCD TV Industry, AUO
- The Market for DTV in Europe by Country, Bob Raikes, Managing Director, Meko
- LCD TV Panel Supply Demand and Market Perspectives, Yasuo Nakane, Managing Director, Senior Analyst, Deutsche Securities Inc.
- LCD TV Panel Roadmap & Panel Makers' Product Strategies, Shawn Lee, Research Director, DisplaySearch
- Accelerating the Advance of LED Lighting Solutions, Marc McConnaughey, Vice President, Strategic Development, Rambus
- Panel Processors for Next Generation LCD Displays, Pixelworks
- TV Supply Chain Dynamics and OEM/ODM Business Model, Deborah Yang, Research Director, DisplaySearch
- LED Backlight Supply Chain Structure and Cost Analysis, David Hsieh, Vice President, Greater China, DisplaySearch
On May 20, DisplaySearch will also host a networking reception for conference attendees—providing an opportunity for speakers and attendees to interact with peers and colleagues during the cocktail hour.
The 2010 DisplaySearch China FPD TV and HDTV Conferenceregistration is now open. For more information about the event or to register, contact Rita Li via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +86-21-6235-1744 or visit http://www.displaysearch.com.cn/ for registration information, additional details and agenda updates.
Attendees are encouraged to register early as the event is projected to sell out. The early bird registration rate of US$525 is available until May 13—a great price for two days of content-rich sessions, exhibits and networking. Three-way simultaneous translation is provided for English, Chinese and Japanese.Speaking & Sponsorship Opportunities Still Available
Companies interested in speaking opportunities or sponsorships should contact Michelle Lo at email@example.com or call +86.21.6235.1744 for more information.
Since 1996, DisplaySearch has been recognized as a leading global market research and consulting firm specializing in the $770 billion display supply chain, as well as the emerging photovoltaic/solar cell industries. DisplaySearch provides trend information, forecasts and analyses developed by a global team of experienced analysts with extensive industry knowledge and resources. In collaboration with the NPD Group, its parent company, DisplaySearch uniquely offers a true end-to-end view of the display supply chain from materials and components to shipments of electronic devices with displays to sales of major consumer and commercial channels. For more information on DisplaySearch analysts, reports and industry events, visit us at http://www.displaysearch.com/. Read our blog at http://www.displaysearchblog.com/ and follow us on Twitter at @DisplaySearch.
About The NPD Group, Inc.
The NPD Group is the leading provider of reliable and comprehensive consumer and retail information for a wide range of industries. Today, more than 1,700 manufacturers, retailers, and service companies rely on NPD to help them drive critical business decisions at the global, national, and local market levels. NPD helps our clients to identify new business opportunities and guide product development, marketing, sales, merchandising, and other functions. Information is available for the following industry sectors: automotive, beauty, commercial technology, consumer technology, entertainment, fashion, food and beverage, foodservice, home, office supplies, software, sports, toys, and wireless. For more information, contact us or visit http://www.npd.com/ and http://www.npdgroupblog.com/. Follow us on Twitter at @npdtech and @npdgroup.