NPD DisplaySearch Emerging Display Technologies Conference to Cover Interactivity and Touch Trends
Developments in Projected Capacitive, Adoption of In-Cell, Touch Application in Smart Phones and Tablets, as Well as Gesture, Haptics and Materials all Covered at this Year’s Event
Santa Clara, Calif., June 29, 2012—The fourth annual Emerging Display Technologies Conference will be held August 13-14 in Santa Clara, Calif., NPD DisplaySearch announced today. With display and related technologies shaping the future of mobile devices and other products, it has become increasingly critical for the electronics supply chain to stay up-to-date on the latest trends in touch screens, OLED and low power displays, solid state lighting, and materials for all of these technologies. This year’s conference will feature in-depth market and technology assessments from NPD DisplaySearch analysts and insights from industry leaders on strategies for addressing existing market needs or creating new applications.
“The Emerging Display Technologies Conference continues to serve as a forum that draws speakers from industry-leading companies to discuss key developments in materials and component technologies,” noted Jennifer Colegrove, PhD Vice President, Emerging Display Technologies for NPD DisplaySearch. “This year’s event will be no exception, with a focus on touch technologies as well as related topics in solid state lighting on the agenda.”
Day One will focus on interactivity, while Day Two will address emerging technologies and application markets. On Day One (August 13), the conference will cover issues including touch screen materials and manufacturing capacity, integration of touch into displays, and emerging forms of interactive technologies. The following important topics will be covered:
- Evolution of touch technologies: Will projected capacitive continue to dominate, and will sensor-on-cover touch take over conventional projected capacitive?
- Several companies have announced their intention to mass-produce displays with in-cell touch; will 2012 be the year that this promising technology takes off?
- Other technologies have found niches in different applications, such as infrared on e-readers, gesture-in-air in gaming consoles such as Microsoft’s Kinect, and haptic feedback with projected capacitive.
- What type of touch will be in Apple’s next iPhone? What type of touch will be used in Microsoft’s Surface tablet PCs?
With the touch market growing rapidly, touch screen sensor material has been in high demand. What are the prospects for transparent conductive materials, touch controllers, and advanced materials for haptic feedback?
Confirmed speakers and topics include:
Session I: Touch Technologies
- Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, Vice President, NPD DisplaySearch, will discuss the most recent touch panel market forecast.
- Jeff Han, Founder, Chief Scientist, Perceptive Pixel, will discuss large screen touch.
- Douglas Young, VP General Manager America, Neonode Inc., will discuss infrared touch.
Session II: Touch Implementations
- Kevin Barber, Synaptics, will discuss in-cell touch.
- Mark Hamblin of Touch Revolution, a TPK Company, will discuss sensor-on-cover (or one glass solution).
Session III: Touch Materials
- TBA, Atmel, will discuss ITO replacement material.
- Dr. Michael Spaid, VP of Product Development, Cambrios, will also discuss ITO replacement material.
Session IV: Other Interactivity
- Francis MacDougall, Qualcomm, will discuss gesture applications.
- Christophe Ramstein, Strategic Polymers, will discuss haptics.
The NPD DisplaySearch Emerging Display Technologies Conference will take place at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara on August 13-14, 2012. The event showcases the latest display and related technologies from around the world. It is a popular platform for innovators, product developers, manufacturers, and leading brands to discuss aggressive market growth strategies.
To register for the conference and view the latest conference agenda, visit www.displaysearch.com/emergingtech
Media interested in attending the conference should contact Stacey Harmon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 925-336-9592.
About NPD DisplaySearch
Since 1996, NPD DisplaySearch has been recognized as a leading global market research and consulting firm specializing in the display supply chain, as well as the emerging photovoltaic/solar cell industries. NPD DisplaySearch provides trend information, forecasts and analyses developed by a global team of experienced analysts with extensive industry knowledge. In collaboration with The NPD Group, its parent company, DisplaySearch uniquely offers a true end-to-end view of the display supply chain from materials and components to shipments of electronic devices with displays to sales of major consumer and commercial channels. For more information on DisplaySearch analysts, reports and industry events, visit us at www.displaysearch.com/. Read our blog at www.displaysearchblog.com/ and follow us on Twitter at @DisplaySearch.
About The NPD Group, Inc.
The NPD Group is the leading provider of reliable and comprehensive consumer and retail information for a wide range of industries. Today, more than 2,000 manufacturers, retailers, and service companies rely on NPD to help them drive critical business decisions at the global, national, and local market levels. NPD helps our clients to identify new business opportunities and guide product development, marketing, sales, merchandising, and other functions. Information is available for the following industry sectors: automotive, beauty, entertainment, fashion, food, home and office, sports, technology, toys, video games, and wireless. For more information, contact us or visit npd.com and www.npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter at @npdtech and @npdgroup.